HR ManagerApply for this vacancy >
Salary:£45000 - £55000 per annum
Posted:17th November 2021
Our client is an award-winning law firm with two offices with 55 + employees based on the outskirts of Chester.
They are renowned for providing their clients with exceptional service and quality advice which is evidenced by their regional reputation. By utilising modern technology alongside their much-respected values and experience, They offer the same expertise you may associate with a large city firm but in a more approachable, relaxed and personalised environment.
There is now an opportunity for an experienced HR/ Office Manager to join the firm. HR experience from legal private practice would be ideal, but applicants from other professional services will definitely be considered too.
The main focus of the position is the HR side, with the Managing Director keen to hear from applicants with a proven track record/expertise in this area and can take responsibility for the same. In addition to HR, he would like to bring someone on board who can assume day to day responsibility for the offices/buildings. Legal compliance experience would be useful but not essential.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO INCLUDE:
- Appraisals- arranging, conducting (for certain staff) and follow up;
- Preparing for and handling the induction of new staff;
- Dealing with exit interviews;
- Managing the recruitment process- job adverts, reviewing CV's, initial interviews;
- Handling ad hoc disciplinary/performance issues;
- Reviewing/updating employee contracts to ensure compliance with latest legislation;
- Ensuring staff contact/personal information kept up to date;
- Ensuring that HR policies, manuals, disciplinary procedures are kept up to date and compliant with the latest legislation;
- Dealing with day to day HR admin issues- holiday requests, sick leave, maternity leave, GP/hospital appointments etc;
- Reviewing and updating staff benefits/incentive scheme so as to retain competitiveness;
- Ensuring staff are up to date with mandatory training and organising/arranging relevant training sessions as required;
- Ensuring training records are kept up to date;
- Liaising with payroll administrator (external) to ensure that payroll runs on time/takes into account pay adjustments etc;
- Dealing with Suppliers (not IT/phones)- photocopiers, cleaners, building insurance, franking machine, DX, utility providers etc;
- Responsible for management/organisation of Reception staff;
- Responsible for upkeep, maintenance, décor of buildings;
- Ensuring Health and Safety compliance;
- Ensuring SRA records are up to date and dealing with Practising Cert renewal;
- Organising office parties (Xmas etc) and events.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary dependant on experience, but likely to be in the region of £50,000
An excellent benefits package for any successful candidate.
Please click 'apply'. Don't worry if you don't have an up to date cv, call Joe Rees to get the ball rolling. Any reference to PQE or salary is for guidance only.
Recent Testimonial: I chose Thornton Legal as opposed to other companies in the market given its unique placement in the North West and also the hands on approach from Joe and Nick who both have a great understanding and knowledge of the industry and contacts with the firms which operate within the area. I was making a big move and so it was important to me that it was to the right firm. Joe and Nick spoke to me in depth about the role I was seeking and were able to quickly arrange conversations with leading firms. I soon received offers which Joe and Nick gave me very helpful advice and guidance on and one of which I accepted. I'd highly recommend Thornton Legal to my colleagues and anyone looking for work or the next move in the industry. Senior Associate