Employment AssociateApply for this vacancy >
Salary:£55000 - £60000 per annum
Posted:16th June 2022
We are working with a leading top 50 UK law firm who are looking to add a talented Employment lawyer to their team in Manchester.
This role is ideal for an Employment lawyer who is looking to take the next step up in their career who has between 2 and 5 years' PQE.
This is a national practice advising on a range of complex employment issues including: employment tribunal litigation, issues ranging from daily personnel matters, including disciplinary and grievance issues, strategic management issues such as redundancy programmes, industrial action, and transfers of employees.
The practice also works closely with their commercial and corporate colleagues to provide support on transactional matters.
Clients include household names and listed businesses. There is also a particular strength in the education and healthcare sectors.
On a daily basis you will encounter a wide range of matters which will include:
- Providing legal advice to a broad range of clients, from company owners and managers, HR professionals and in-house lawyers, to public and private sector organisations, as well as senior employees and executives, on a range of employment matters.
- Managing a good mix of contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
- Undertake all aspects of employment law including drafting various employment documents, maternity and paternity rights, discrimination, whistleblowing, employee relations issues, disciplinary matters and grievances, mediation, dismissals, redundancy, TUPE and employment tribunal claims.
- Transactional support
You will be working with leading employment lawyers and have the full support of more senior colleagues to help develop you professionally as an accomplished Employment lawyer working with a wide range of clients.
As you would expect from a leading firm, benefits are extensive and include:
- Birthday privilege day
- Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy and sell and carryover scheme
- Charity volunteering days
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Annual travel season ticket loan
If this Employment position is of interest, please click 'apply'. If you would prefer to have a chat before applying, then get in touch with Joe Rees to get the ball rolling. PQE and salary levels are for guidance only.
Thornton Legal has strong relationships with law firms of all sizes and specialisms across the North West, Midlands and Yorkshire. We help build the careers of legal professionals across a broad range of experience levels and we would be delighted to work with you now or in the future.
For lawyers we represent:
- We guarantee not to send your cv to firms without permission
- We offer a fully consultative service as opposed to being a cv sending agency
- We would rather have a chat over the phone so, if we are available, we will take you call
- We consult, support and advise, but ultimately the choice is always yours
- It's really important to meet people, and we hope you feel the same
- We won't spam you with irrelevant jobs (but you may receive information we think you will be interested in)