Corporate ParalegalApply for this vacancy >
Salary:£19000 - £24000 per annum
Posted:17th June 2022
A top 100 Law Firm with offices nationwide is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join their Corporate team within the Leeds office.
- The Paralegal opportunity is ideally for someone with existing corporate law experience to join a well regarded Corporate team.
- The individual will work closely with the entire corporate Manchester team and will deal with a wide range of work from acquisitions and disposals to partnership and shareholder arrangements and all-round corporate support work.
- The role will involve drafting and negotiating documents, reviewing and reporting on due diligence documentation, as well as being involved with the wider business development activities including preparing articles for publication.
- The role will provide scope for development within the role and any training and support required will be provided. This role will be mainly based within the firms Leeds office, however travel to the firms other offices may be required on occasion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilising and developing processes to streamline transactions in a cost-efficient manner. This work will include using and developing precedents.
- The role will include the preparation, agreement and finalisation of documents specific to the transaction using certain work streams and documents as well as developing new work streams.
- Company secretarial including company formations, filings at Companies House, preparation and upkeep of company registers.
- Transactional support work including the preparation, agreement and finalisation of ancillary documents, legal due diligence and pre-completion searches.
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documentation maintaining a high level of accuracy in accordance with Firm's House style and Best Practice Guidelines, proof reading and correcting the quality of your work without prompting. Ability to carry out routine legal forms, documents and letters independently for approval by the qualified fee earner.
- Support qualified fee earners by filing (usually electronically but sometimes hard copy) documents and correspondence accurately and in a timely manner ensuring that there is no backlog. Assist with ad hoc administration and opening and archiving files.
- Ensuring that file structures are strictly maintained.
- Producing legal bundles, document organisation, indexing and assembly of files for checking with guidance by fee earner.
- Assist with the preparation and ongoing maintenance of marketing materials, and Business Development initiatives.
- Maintaining client relationships and providing regular legal and file updates to clients and brokers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will ideally have the LPC with a Corporate route.
- You will actively assist others without the need for prompting.
- Manage any problems or situations in a professional manner as they arise, asking for help where necessary.
- Contribute positively to the creating of an environment of mutual respect, support and trust where individuals and their contribution are valued and recognised.
- Be well organised and have excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills and a willingness to learn and develop.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is in the region of 19,000 - 24,000, depending on experience together with excellent benefits.
- Fantastic training and career development opportunities.
Please click 'apply'. Don't worry if you don't have an up to date cv, call or text Laura-Kate directly at the Wirral to get the ball rolling.
Any reference to PQE and salary are for guidance only.