Fraud SolicitorApply for this vacancy >
Salary:£30000 - £40000 per annum
Posted:7th October 2019
A leading Defendant Insurance legal firm based in Manchester city centre are looking for a Fraud Solicitor to join their counter fraud team.
- You will be handling a mixed EL / PL / Motor fast-track and multi-track caseload within the Counter Fraud Team for a wide range of clients including major insurers, self insureds, local authorities and insurance brokers.
- You will be dealing with quality work with a range of clients with whom the department have had long term relationships with.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and career with a friendly and knowledgeable team.
Duties will include :
- Considering and advising on the position of indemnity and appropriate legislation and case law.
- Compliance with Court timetable and employing procedural tactics to the benefit of the case.
- Undertaking advocacy such as case management conferences and application hearings.
- Providing written reports and updates to clients and adhering to service level agreements
- Providing advice on potential recovery and enforcement in appropriate cases.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the firm's clients and client documentation and information
- Achieving agreed levels of billing and time recording.
- Comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules of the Professional Conduct of Solicitors in accordance with company guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will ideally have 2 years+ PQE as a Solicitor or Legal Executive or have previous experience in this area
- Experience in handling cross class litigated files and managing own caseload.
- Previous counter fraud experience, an understanding of insurance litigation practice and processes together with indemnity principles.
- Proficient use of a case management system, MS Office suite and Outlook email. Experience of time recording and billing systems.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive depending on experience together with excellent benefits
Please click 'apply'. Don't worry if you don't have an up to date cv. Get in touch with Laura-Kate Davies directly to get the ball rolling.
Any reference to PQE and salary are for guidance only.
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Joe at Thornton Legal for being supportive through my job search and helping me secure a ligation solicitor at a firm that's an ideal fit. I've only ever worked for one firm so moving on wasn't a decision I took lightly, but I felt it was right time to move my career on to the next stage. Joe worked hard on my behalf, and it's obvious he has a good grasp on the Yorkshire legal market. Thornton Legal comes highly recommended by me!
Civil Litigation Solicitor