Conveyancing AssistantApply for this vacancy >
Salary:£18000 - £24000 per annum
Posted:23rd February 2021
A leading firm based in Warrington are looking to recruit an experienced conveyancing assistant to their well regarded conveyancing department. The firm have a fantastic presence across the North West within conveyancing and other areas of the law.
You will be assisting with a caseload of mainly domestic conveyancing of freehold and leasehold properties including sales and purchases, remortgages, transfer of equity and equity release.
Duties include but are not limited to -
- drafting reports from set precedents;
- replying to enquiries;
- applying for mortgage funds;
- preparing completion documents and any other steps in the transaction and completion process.
Other duties will include:
- Processing client ID checks
- Initial searches
- Booking agents
- Some post completion matters such as SDLT returns, HMLRC requirements, sending deeds to lenders
- Closing files on case management system
- Other general clerical duties as required
- Cover for switchboard and reception as and when required
You will also be assisting members of the immediate and wider department as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will produce all your own work on the PC and will have little assistance from administrative and secretarial staff. Proficiency in using the equipment provided and operating the firms systems to a high standard is therefore required.
- Experience of Microsoft packages
- Reasonable knowledge of conveyancing processes and procedures
- Experience dealing with all types of conveyancing transactions
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team
- Ability to work proactively
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literate/keyboard skills
- Data entry skills
Please click 'apply'. Don't worry if you don't have an up to date CV, contact Laura-Kate directly to get the ball rolling.
Recent testimonial: Just wow! Thanks to the team at Thornton Legal my journey back into employment has been stress free. I was impressed with the level of service. Laura-Kate Davies was very friendly and supportive throughout the process. Highly recommended. Residential Property Lawyer